This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
9.0 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
FrameMedian is a temporal median toolset that calcualtes a median from a range of frames. Unlike the TemporalMedian tool that samples 3 frames, the FrameMedian can sample up to 20 frames.
What is it for?
The tool is generally used for creating cleanplates from super very bussy shots. Like in this example https://vimeo.com/152412586The plate must be stabelized before using
The tool have 2 calculation methods. One is where you define a frame range and a number of samples. This causes FrameMedian to automatically pick frames evenly distributed across the framerange.
The other is the Specified Frames method, where you can pick the frames you want to sample yourself, giving you much greater control.
- More samples is not always better, so try difrent frame ranges and sample counts.
- If you get artifacting try to remove the frames that have garbage in the problematic area, or add multiple frames where the area is clean.
- Try to avoid using frames where the lighting on the background plate is changing, like light flicker or timelapses
- If you want to clean timelapses split it up into sections and clean a fraction of the plate at a time.
- The more stable the plate is, the better the result will be.
- In most cases you will get a better result if you denoise the plate before using the tool.
More info about the tool: http://hagbarth.net/?p=1054