This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
11.0, 10.5, 10.0, 9.0, 8.0, 7.1, 7.0 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
Graphical, sortable representation of nukes buffer usage xml
I found nukes built-in Buffer Report not exactly helpful, so I created this little GUI as a weekend project. It displays nukes buffer report xml in a sortable table to help you track down nodes that cause heavy memory usage.
- Click on the name of the node to jump to that node in the node graph.
- The NULL row seems to refer to viewer/playback cache.
- The buffer report gui does not auto update yet (F5 to update).
- The bottom memory bar shows nukes overall memory usage.
- Bugs / Suggestions:
- Please post any bugs and suggestions here or on gitlab.
menu = nuke.menu('Nuke').findItem('Cache')
menu.addCommand('Buffer Report', 'from BufferReport import buffer_table;br_widget = buffer_table.BufferReportWidget();br_widget.show()')
- If you want the BufferReport as dockable panel also add following lines:
from nukescripts import panels
# only import if needed and make the widget restorable from saved layout.
from BufferReport import buffer_table
br_widget = buffer_table.BufferReportWidget()
pane = nuke.getPaneFor('Properties.1')
panels.registerWidgetAsPanel('get_buffer_report_widget', 'Buffer Report', 'de.filmkorn.BufferReport', True).addToPane(pane)
- Usage: Open the Buffer Report from Cache > BufferReport or from the Pane Menu.
v1.1: Support PySide2 through Qt.py
v1.0: Initial release