Voxel System v1.1
This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
10.0, 9.0 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
Includes a set of nodes for creating, filling, lighting, adjusting and rendering voxel grids, as well as a demo scene and render. The grids are calculated as 2D images and compatible with any other nuke nodes, and can be saved out as exrs for reusable volumes and quick rendering. The nodes are heavily reliant on blink script which works best with GPU rendering, although all options for it's use are exposed per node.
-Added Directional Light
-Removed some optimisations for GPU on all lights and render to fix compile errors on some hardware
Pending testing for Linux and Mac
Nodes included are as follows, and further documentation for them can be found here:
- V_Grid: Generates a voxel grid.
- V_Noise: Fills a grid with 3D noise.
- V_Shape: Places an SDF volumetric shape into the grid.
- V_Erode: Shrinks or Expands the volume.
- V_Average: Averages the density / colour data in the grid.
- V_Transform: Transforms the grid or the data.
- V_PtLight: A point light for lighting the volume.
- V_DirLight: A directional light for lighting the volume.
- V_EnvLight: A light for mapping a latlong image around the grid, similar to IBL lighting.
- V_Preview: A version of nuke's positionToPoints for viewing the voxels in 3D space.
- V_Render: Renders the voxel grid using a given camera.
Note: The system uses metadata and an additional layer to work, if saving out any 2D grids, ensure layers and metadata are turned on. Similarly, if merging other branches, make sure the metadata is included with the merge.