This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
10.0, 9.0, 8.0, 7.1, 7.0, 6.3, 6.2, 6.1, 6.0 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
This grain retains all the presets from it's predecessor, plus an additional one for digital noise. You have the ability to gang the seeds together, so they are identical. You'll find both blur and sharpen enhancements for the grain. There's a LUT color style range controls for setting film response low/mid/high. You have the ability to use either the incoming alpha or the mask input, to mask the grain or apply grain everywhere. I've included the ability to increase the density of the grain, in the less dense areas of the matte. There is also a mix to decrease/increase the overall grain level. There's also 2 additional tabs. The first one is for boosting the brightness of the grain on the low end, useful when D.I. has gone too far and you still have to match. The other is for working on undistorted plates.
Unique to this gizmo
- only grain written from scratch (not using grain or noise nodes), which is lighter and it allowed the chance to fix the inherit crawl of the grain, where it looks like it's moving across the screen
- at a formula level you can control softness/sharpness
- gang the red, green and blue seeds
- anamorphic option for grain
- option to use luminance and master controls or use separate RGB in the LUT range
- apply grain correctly to undistorted plates
- output grain only, based off of input image
- mask red, green and blue individually with their own mattes
- increase the density of the grain, in the less dense areas of the alpha (falloff)
- create your own presets, in an external text file and load them, which can be set up differently for different projects as you can determine where it loads from
If anyone comes up with any good presets for film, Red camera, viper, genesis, etc, let me know what they are and I'll add them to the presets.
If you're work flow involves Scanned Grain, you might want to check out