This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
7.0 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
This script will export Nuke shapes to a Silhouette Roto and Paint shape format .fxs file.
That allows a Mocha to Silhouette shape export using Nuke.
Herre's a video showing usage and capabilities:
Version 2.0: initial release Aug 5th 2013
This version introduces Shapes and Layers transforms exports: meaning 'tracking data (point/cpin)' export and avoiding baking the keyframes everywhere.
- Shape Position/Animation
- Shape Opacity (Linear/Constant keyframes)
- Shape Motion Blur
- Shape Overlay Color
- Shape Blending Modes
- Shape Inverted attribute
- Shape Open/Closed
- Delete repeated baked keyframes when possible
- Layer/Shape Transforms (all transforms, including 'extra matrix')
- Layer nesting
Nukev7 and up
- Nuke animation curves are more complex than Silhouette ones, that will result in more keyframes depending on the keyframe interpolation
- B-spline Tension not supported yet
- Feather not supported
- Rectangles are exported incorrectly (swapped tangents). > Workaround: smooth and cusp the points back, it will fix the tangents.
- For heavy scenes, the script might take a while to give the task feedback, be patient.
Select the Roto or Rotopaint node and run the script from the Script Editor. You can set a the default folder/file path on init.py or menu.py with the code below:
os.environ['FXSEXPORTPATH'] = '/path/to/your/fxsfile.fxs'
Optionally you can use the provided 'menu.py' file to get a Toolbar item with the script.
Send me (contact info at http://boundaryvfx.com/tools) the Nuke Console error message and your Roto/Rotopaint node for troubleshooting.
Kudos to the Silhouette team: Paul Miller and Perry Kivolowitz that helped me with important info.
This script is made available under a BSD Style license that is included with the package