This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
11.0, 10.5, 10.0, 9.0, 8.0, 7.1, 7.0, 6.3, 6.2, 6. or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
NukeShared is an easy to use plugin manager for Nuke, so you won't have to manually install plugins, gizmo's, or anything else anymore.
Simply place the files to install in right folder, and NukeShared will install them correctly in Nuke (with icons, subgroups and everything).
It works with all of Nuke's menu's (the Node bar on the left of the screen, the Nuke menu on the top of the screen, and the six others: Animation, Axis, Node Graph, Pane, Properties, and Viewer - see where they are in Nuke on The Foundry's UI documentation).
Simply place all your .gizmo, .nk, .py, .dll, .so and .dylib files in the right folder, and they will automatically load in the right menu.
There are also folders for fonts, viewer processes, autorun python scripts, and an auto installer.
The auto installer folder installs plugins that require multiple files (like Cryptomatte and PixelFudger) instantly. Just place the entire downloaded folder in there and it works.
|| There are more functions! For instance:
- When an image file (png) is next to a plugin and it has the same name, it will become its icon. The same goes for folders.
- The plugin repository can be placed on a server, so multiple computers can share the same plugins and scripts (which also works on render farms).
- Items will be grouped if they are in subdirectories.
- Writing init.py/menu.py files of what NukeShared is doing under the hood is possible! This way you can 'cache' your repository to not be dependent on NukeShared after you've run it once. Or you can use it to see what NukeShared is doing.
- User logging can be enabled in the settings - this will create files (e.g. 'NukeShared/Required/user_activity/JohnSmith.dat') every time users start Nuke with NukeShared installed.
- My QuickShortcutEditor plugin comes pre-loaded, so assigning new keyboard shortcuts is easy.
|| For more information, see my website!
|| To install NukeShared, follow these easy steps:
1. Place the entire 'NukeShared'-folder somewhere you like.
Could be on a server, if you want to have multiple computers load their plugins from it.
2. Find your .nuke folder here:
Mac OS X: /Users/username/.nuke
3. On each computer you want to be linked with this repository, add the following line to your .nuke/init.py-file (or create the file if it doesn't exist):
4. That's it! Now you can start filling up the library in the NukeShared/Repository/ folder.
Additional settings for NukeShared can be found in the NukeShared/Required/init.py-file.
|| If you have ideas for improving NukeShared or if you have questions/problems with it, please let me know!
The best way to contact me is via this contact page: maxvanleeuwen.com/contact
|| Version history
Fixed ignore-files not being detected by init.py
Updated QuickShortcutEditor to v1.2
Added user blacklist functionality (see Required/init.py settings)
Fixed option to skip loading .py files next to .gizmo files with the same name (a setting in Required/init.py)
Complete overhaul of the folder structure, which makes a lot more sense now (thanks to Ricardo Musch for his feedback!)
Added keyboard shortcut editor (in the _Shortcuts folder)
Added _AutoRun folder for running python scripts on startup
Added _AutoInstaller folder for plugins that have their own menu.py and init.py files (just drop the whole folder in there)
Added Nuke menu's: Animation, Axis, Node Graph, Pane, Properties, Viewer
Added _Fonts folder (if there are fonts in there, your default_font will be set to this path so the Text node sees the fonts)
Added _ViewerProcesses folder (add gizmo's here to make them Viewer Processes)
Changed the way the 'open this folder'-button works: it's not there by default any more, but it can be added to any folder now
Multiple instances of NukeShared can now run simultaneously
Plugins and scripts can now be loaded to the menubar in the top of the Nuke window as well
Icons now have to be next to the folder/item they are linked to (which is much more logical)
User activity logging now works in cached mode
Fixed a bug in the counting of stats on startup
Files like 'autoinstaller' should have extensions when working with Google Drive or other coud services, so this is now built-in
Added user logging functionality (which can be enabled in init.py)
Bit of cleanup on the script and readme
Fixed Mac compatibility (thanks to Marvin Sprengel for testing and feedback!)
Fixed python scripts not loading correctly on toolbar buttons