Color Panel v1.3
This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
11.0, 10.5, 10.0, 9.0, 8.0 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
- Improved messages and documentation
- Added info and help button
- Updated Qt version and improved documentation
- Now you can change color of nodes inside a Group
- Improved help button
With this Panel you can change easily the color of your Nodes in Nuke.
You can read the tutorial about this Panel and see how you can customze it at this link: http://www.andreageremia.it/tutorial_color_panel.html
All the code is available at the link above, with some tips about Python.
- Select a color from the Nuke default colors
- Select a color from the list
- Custom color
- Copy and Paste color
- Reset color of the node
This tool is done in 2 versions: Qt and PySide. It's been tested in Nuke 10 and 11.
How to install Qt:
If you get this error: importError:cannot import name QtWidgets you have to install Qt.
Here you can find a complete guide about that: http://www.andreageremia.it/tutorial_panel_qtpy.html
Otherwise, place this file http://www.andreageremia.it/download/tutorial/qtpy/Qt.py here:
- Windows: C:\Program Files\Nuke10.0v1\lib\site-packages
- Linux: /usr/local/Nuke10.0v1/lib/python2.7/site-packages
- macOS: /Applications/Nuke10.0v2/Nuke10.0v2.app/Contents/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.7/lib/python2.7/site-packages
Use this code in your menu.py to load the Panel in Nuke.
t = nuke.menu('Nodes')
c = t.addMenu('ColorPanel', icon='ColorPanel.png')
c.addCommand('ColorPanel', 'ColorPanel.colorPanel()', 'shift+c', icon='')
And use the Shortcut SHIFT+C to call the Panel in Nuke.
You can modify 'tile_color' of Nodes, just clicking on the relative button. On the top grid you have all the Default colors from Nuke and in the second one other colors you can modify just using QtDesigner.
With the 'Custom color' button you can choose the RGB.
Then you can also modify color of BackDrops and StickyNotes.