This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
11.0, 10.5, 10.0, 9.0 or later
Here's a script I wrote that execute an executable node (available node class shown below) with a command prompt terminal on Windows instead of executing while you're working on the script. As you can imagine, I wrote this because I find not all the executable nodes can be execute as a background process. And that's basically what this script does. I found a few similar scripts that does similar function but mostly to write nodes only, and none of them have the simplicity I have in mind.
Here's the key features:
- It can execute 'Write', 'DeepWrite', 'WriteGeo', 'WriteTank', 'ParticleCache', 'SmartVector'
- Assigned 'F6' as shortcut key.
- Will execute selected node (not nodes!)
- First and last frames default to global.
- Dropdown menu that detects how many cores/threads you have and let you limit how much it utilizes.
- Checkbox to save a new version of the script when it's executed.
- Checkbox for it to use NukeX license if necessary
- Close current Nuke interface when execute.
To install this put the file in your desired plugin folder and add line below to your menu.py
It is included in the script to add 'Execute using Command Prompt' in Render menu with a shortcut key 'F6'.
When I started writing this I was using Nuke9.0 and it still works for Nuke11.0 now. No idea if it'd work for older versions but I don't see why not.