Channel Hotbox v1.8
This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
12.0, 11.3, 11.2, 11.1, 11.0, 10.5, 10.0, 9.0, 8.0 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
- Thanks to Lukas Fabian's feedback, a major fail is fixed. The shuffle list are now empty on each time and doesn't have the previous selection stored withhin.
- Option to create new shuffle node.
- The new shuffle node is set as default from nuke 12.1 onwards. Below this, it will create an 'old' shuffle node. if you want to explicitly use the old one in Nuke 12.1 and above, you can set the value to '0' on top of the script.
- Implemented suggestion from Mitchell Kehn to better handle window focus.
- Minor refactoring.
- Code clean up.
- Removed option to choose between open up on cursor or centeredon screen. Now openening fixed under the cursor.
- Specified installation command inside script.
- added compatibility for nuke11 and pyside2
- option to create grade node with channel set to selected layer
- switch back to rgba via 'alt'
- replaced autcompleter to inside the line-edit
- code clean up
- sanity check if viewer available and connected
the channel Hotbox
i wrote this small tool in PySide for easy and fast changing channels/layer inside the viewer since the dropdown menu or the page up/down solution are too tedious. after i tested it a while in production i added the option to also use it for shuffling out channels.
it is based on the current viewer and which node it is connected to. NOT the selected node inside the nodegraph. the script checks all available layer at this node and gives you the option to show, shuffle or grade them.
demo on vimeo
change the viewer to the selected channel
shuffle out all selected channels
create grade node with channel set to selected
switch viewer back to rgba
To install with hotkey on alt+q, add this to your menu.py and make sure that the script is located in your nuke plugin path:
nuke.menu('Nuke').findItem('Edit').addCommand('HotBox', 'channel_hotbox.start()', 'alt+q')
I have worked with it under windows and linux. on ubuntu it seems correct, under centos is an issue with the transparent background, which will shown as black.
Any kind feedback is welcome.