This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
11.0, 10.5, 10.0, 9.0 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
MaskMe it’s a Nuke Gizmo that I’ve been developing while working at “The Senate VFX” . As a Compositor, quite often we end up doing a repetitive task and in my case as a 3D oriented dude, Camera projection is one of the operations that I use on an hourly base. 90% of the times, when working on a shot I end up using or creating a camera to facilitate all the common task such as roto/painting/patching etc..
What does it do? Simplify the roto of non-organic objects, 3D stabilizing and reversing the stabilization in one go.
When should you use it? Every time you have a camera or you will have to matchmove a shot. Instead of spending time moving roto shapes around you can easily do the same operations with a few keyframes in a much more precise way.
Where is the magic? There is no magic! it’s a common technique, often avoided because you will need at least 10 nodes to make it work, re-create the setup multiple times and make sure that everything is the right place/order. What I’ve done is just refining the operations inside making everything simpler and user-friendly.
How does it work? easy
- Plug the undistorted plate
- Plug the camera
- Position a card or a cube in right XYZ coordinate
Locators, Proxy Geo, Lidar data or a PointCloud ( Built-in in MaskMe ) are your friends here
- Set Reference Frame
Choose the frame where most of the details of the area/object you are trying to mask are visible.
- Switch to the Roto viewer and roto what you see!
Internally MaskMe is stabilizing the undistorted plate based on the card/cube position. This will allow you to be very precise and very, very, fast!!!
- Switch to the Render viewer. Job Done!.
This is what is happening behind the curtains:
- Fixed Unplugged Output when re-opening Nuke Script
- Fixed bug that will not allow you to plug anything after the gizmo until you look at it first.
- Removed Point Cloud Generator from the gizmo
- Fixed Expression Link showing in the nodegraph when using more than one gizmo.
- Fixed black screen bug due to bad switch looking for non-existing knob