This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
6.3 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
NEW VERSION: Sorry guys, I realized right before I publish this gizmo the first time I did some changes that broke the whole script. Now I've fixed it. Sorry about that and please let me know if you find any trouble using it. Thanks!
This node allows the artist to create a parent constraint between a parent axis node and a child camera or axis node. The user have the option to keep the child's animation or just freeze the constraint on the frame you click the button.
This node is part of the gourp of 3D gizmos I'm working on. Hopefully I'll release them all as a 3D package in the future.
Other gizmos I'm working right now are a 'camera aim' gizmo and a 'constrain to geo selection' gizmo.
How to install:
- Copy the ParentConstraint.gizmo file to your plugins folder (varies depending on OS - refer to Nuke User Manual to find out the location on your system.)
- Add the following lines on your menu.py file (if you don't have a menu.py file create one using any text editor).
m = nuke.menu('Nodes')
m.addCommand( '*HM* toolbox/3D/Parent Constraint' , 'nuke.nodes.ParentConstraint()' )
- Restart your Nuke and the *HM* Toolbox menu should have been added to your nodes menu.
OBS.: You can always change the location of this gizmo in case you want to organize your gizmos in your own way.
How to use:
- Create an axis that will be your parent and move it to the 3D position you want the child to move around then plug it into the parent input.
- Get your child object (possibly a match-moved camera, or another axis if you will) and plug in the child input.
- Check or uncheck the keep animation checkbox depending on whether or not you want to keep the child's animation or if you want it to freeze in the current frame.
- Finally, click the parent contraint button to create a copy of the child input node.
- Now you can either leave it connected to the ParentConstraint node or you can directly connect the parent Axis to the new child node.
OBS.: This node should be working on previous versions of Nuke, but I only had the chance to test it on 6.3v4.
Hope you guys like it.
Please let me know of any features, changes or new gizmos you'd like to have.