This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
11.0, 10.5, 10.0, 9.0, 8.0, 7.1, 7.0, 6.3, 6.2, 6. or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
This Node works like a Constant.
Except you can choose your color value by entering a
- Hexadecimal color
- standard Nuke float color
- RGB 8bit color
- Changing any value will update all other values respectively
- Colorspace conversions are taken into consideration. sRGB should do the job in the most cases though
- If bugs are found, please comment ;)
How to Install:
- the download contains a .nk file and can be pasted in live scripts
- for permanent installation, copy the HexColor.nk file to 'C:\Users\username\.nuke'
- edit the file 'C:\Users\username\.nuke\menu.py' and add the following line:
nuke.menu('Nodes').addCommand('Other/HexColor', lambda: nuke.createNode('HexColor.nk'))
EDIT: Temp fix is to write expression in each RGB Float value to be the below divided by 255
When i input any HEX value, the RGB changes to the correct value, but the float does not.
The script editor says the following:
ValueError: unable to sample node for given channel (rgba.red) at current context
version 10.5 v5
The idea was to have a live conversion between all of the input fields.
I implemented a sample function to make use of the sRGB colorspace, so a web color is translated correctly.For now I only have issues, when Linear is set as colorspace.
Maybe a solution would be better with a switch at the end that is set to whatever conversion was done last and to avoid the nuke.sample() function, which is the cause of many errors.
edit: more difficult that I thought, because I still need to translate the values into the other knobs, after being procssed by the colorspace. Only way I can think of now is to find a python or TCL implementation of colorspaces (or just sRGB)
edit2: found this: www.cyril-richon.com/blog/2019/1/23/python-srgb-to-linear-linear-to-srgb and probably gonna implement this down the road.