This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
10.0, 9.0, 8.0 or later
Linux, Mac, Windows
This script will create a renderable spline overlay, similar to the overlay in the viewer.
version 1.1 (2016-10-11)
- added 'reduce streaking' slider to reduce lines over the screen that appear sometimes
- node can now be copied and knobs still take effect
- added a node label, stating the name of the selected roto node
- removed filter pull down menu, it is now box filter by standard
How to install:
go to your .nuke folder (usually located in ./User/userName/.nuke)
paste the renderSplines.py file to the .nuke folder
open your meny.py file with an editor
paste the following into your meny.py file:
rsNuke = nuke.menu('Nuke')
rsMenu = rsNuke.addMenu('Roto')
- save the meny.py and you should have a new menu when restarting nuke
How to use:
Select the roto node you want to create an overlay from.
Select the shapes you want to have. (Press ctrl + A in the viewer to select all)
Run the script by going to the new menu Roto > renderSplines
A new node is created, in which you have control over color, size and filter type
You can merge the created Overlay over the background plate or leave it
Example 1: different spline size & color
Example 2: the renderSplines merged over background
How does it work:
- Create a roto node for every shape in selected node
- Clone the shape and transformations into single node
- edgeDetect and erode the single node
- merge all nodes together + a colored constant
- copy and premult