This location is for Registered Users Only.
Perhaps you need to login or register.
12.0, 11.3, 11.2, 11.1, 11.0, 10.5, 10.0, 9.0, 8.0 or later
Local Contrast v01
Equalize the contrast of the image to achieve basic tonemapping or delighting.
Use to ToneMap an image that has too much contrast.
Use to 'remove' the lighting of a texture (and be able to copy it to a non textured area).
1. Change the 'Size' to be bigger than the texture you want to keep (best value is obtained when you minimize halo around dark or bright areas)
2. adjust 'Midpoint Process' to keep more or less lighting
3. Increase 'Crushed Hilites' if lighting is still too visible (gamma and saturation will be reduced in the hilites)
4. Increase 'Rollback' if you get a lot of noise in flat areas to recover parts of original image
5. For texture extraction: use the result to merge the texture ontop of another image. With or Without a Laplacian as you would normally do.
If you like this we can keep in touch on @BonVfx